Wednesday 14 December 2011

Childhood Mysteries

The second prompt was one of those I was really looking forward to. Especially the German version always had a mysterious and alluring effect on me, while the English sounds a bit boring:
"I know of a short cut, and that's the path we're taking now."
This is -  and always has been - a sentence whispered by a stranger, taking a girl by the hand and taking her somewhere. Good or bad? That was hard to decide.
In the end I chose a childhood experience for Anne, not meant to harm her, but with quite a damaging effect. Brian wanted to do her a favour, of that I am quite sure. Not entirely sure, mind you, but quite.
You see, Brian is a mystery to me - he was created as one. The weird kid, the willing outsider, the red head who always has dirt stuck under his fingernails and smeared over his face... Honestly, I can't tell you much about him, while I could tell you just about anything about Anne you'd possibly want to know.
I'm looking forward to get to know Brian a bit over the next few weeks. :-)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment