Friday 9 December 2011

About This Blog

Hey,
my name is Sarah and I have a blog. It's called "24 Flashes" and will, over time, become a collection of 24 flash fiction works I intend to write.

Why?
Oh, well, there are various reasons. I can safely name two of them:
One is that I lacked greatly in the creativity department. There were a lot of things I wanted to do, but none that I actually felt like doing. I wanted to do something, though, so I started something entirely new instead of forcing myself to continue with old stuff.
The second reason was that I was thinking about a blog for work for months, but didn't get the support I needed. I think the fact that I had a blog in mind for so long also prompted me to start one for myself.

So, what is it about?
I was never really searching for inspiration, it just came when I finally got to my December reading. "The Christmas Mystery" is a wonderful pre-Christmas book, and the index contains phrases from the 24 chapters. Every phrase serves as a prompt for me now, to write flash fiction that (hopefully) works on it's own, but is still somehow connected to every other prompt result.

Backstage?
Yes, backstage. I'm not sure how I'll manage that as well, to be honest, but I would like to post some insights as I go about writing for the prompts. I think it will be fun.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment